Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cool Stuff for Babies





Dwell's baby collection is just awesome. It's fresh, modern and just plain cool. I love the patterns and colors used in their ensembles. When I decorated for my son I couldn't afford goodies like these and had to settle for consignment store goods but if it's in your budget then check out Dwell, your baby will be so in style!

For those of you who are on a tighter budget, there are inexpensive ways to spruce up bargain hunter finds. I bought a pastel blue nursery ensemble in ginham from a second hand store. To give it a a modern look I ironed on some appliques that I cut out from some fabric remnants I had around the house. I cut out silhouette style shapes of elephants, dinos and hippos in a red fabric. I sewed a running stitch around the edges in a navy blue and it looked great. I wish I had some pictures handy, I'm going to dig a bit and hope to post some soon. It was an easy project that anyone could do!! You just need to either draw some shapes or get some clipart. Adjust the size, print and trace onto the back side of wonder under or some other sort of iron on adhesive. Iron your fabric onto the other side, then trim. Then you're ready to iron it onto your project. Many fabric stores have a bargain box and just a few colorful scraps will do. It's fun to do and nice when the compliments come in to be able to say you did it!